Skills analysis and skills development are essential to keep up the productivity. Individuals having broad-based education, better skills, eagerness to adapt and learn newer things are most employable ones. Testing the required level of skill in any candidate is a daunting job as it includes the most critical analysis of evaluation. If the evaluation process is not effective enough to get in through the candidate, it will have a direct effect on productivity of the employee. The test for employability is a must for organizations.
Employability entails much more than the ability to get a job. One should have the ability to keep polishing the existing skills and gain newer skills to remain employable throughout
Organizations’ initiatives to create practice for employees in order to enhance their skills
1. Sound Interest: Employees engagement and development also depend upon the organization. It is the organization who organizes various activities that channelize the employees’ potential in appropriate work, which in turns helps them grow professionally and personally. An Organization must know how to engage employees through interesting ways of engagement. Innovation is what helps the company to roll our HR policies that support growth of innovative and creative engagement of employees.
2. Employer’s genuine interest: An individual would find their work interesting, if employer genuinely offers good opportunities for them to enhance their skills. To enhance a genuine interest of employees towards their work, the organization must involve them in activities that interest them. This requires immense collaboration of organization with the employees. In other words, to involve employees, the organization must be involved equally in the process. A genuine interest of the organization assists in the formation of emotional capital of the organization.
3. Deployment: Organizations who provide deployment opportunities in response to the changing needs of their organization also help gaining interest of employees. This concretes the way for the creation of the new alley in the course of career. Any organization performs such practices where the employees receive opportunities to develop new skills and polish the existing expertise adds to organizational growth along with the professional growth of employees. Professional growth is proportional to productivity and productivity is proportional to organizational growth. This helps the employers to utilize employees up to their optimal level and get maximum returns out of their investments.
What are the techniques to enhance employability skills?
Undoubtedly, good qualification and work experience help you get a good job, but to successfully sustain in a job, one must have to keep practicing and developing skills as per the latest trends and technologies. New requirement of business requires new methods to deal with the situation. On technology fronts, professionals need frequent up gradation as technology updates frequently.
Here are some following methods to strengthen employability skills:
1. Review yourself: To strengthen your skills, you must first analyze your existing knowledge and then match it with the market trend. List down your weakness and strength and then analyze what all you require which add a value to your professional growth. Writing down lets an individual to go through their weaknesses critically and devise plans to eliminate them. On the other hand, writing offers a better insight into the personality and improves the glitches in their own self. Soft Skills, body language and other professional skills can be greatly enhanced through self-review.
2. Start some R & D: Start reading about the things you are interested in to gain knowledge through reading relevant books, reading on google, practicing, etc. Reading is one of the best practice for both character and knowledge formation. It helps in both psychological and behavioral development of the individual. The brain needs to be fed with information and knowledge as the body needs to be fed with food.
3. Volunteer: Volunteering or taking initiatives to work with your senior or colleagues beyond your work profile definitely works in developing organizational skills.
4. Professionalism: Regardless the field or area of your work, professionalism and integrity are something you must add to your personality while you are at the professional front. Employees should join professional networking, development programs that enhance their skills and make them confident amongst various groups of people. Familiarize yourself with the people who are doing excel in the field you are working in, and try to learn from them.
Enhancing your employability skills through various training, observations, education and practical application boost up your career. Through enhancing your employability skills, time to time as per the industry or market trend, not only increase your demand in the professional world, but also position you for high-earning roles with better growth potential.