Human brain is the biggest computer of the world. Rather it is much more powerful than any latest generation computer. As a computer cannot work without software and for different results it needs specific software, so happens with human brain. We all need human software, their maintenance and upgradation every day in order to get desired results and to keep growing in our life. The level of progress, peace and happiness depends on the level of our software.
Human software is stored in sub-conscious mind. Therefore to make any change and improvement in your software you should know how to access your sub-conscious mind. Your brain emits electrical energy known as brain wave frequencies to help you perform various tasks. These frequencies vary between 0 and 21 depending on the task you are involved in. The more complex the task, the greater the brain power requirement, the higher the brain wave frequencies. An adult’s brain wave frequencies range from 0 to 21 depending on the conscious or subconscious or asleep state of mind.
Different states of our mind
1. The conscious state of mind: Your conscious mind operates through beta brain wave frequencies ranging from 14 to 21. The beta brain wave frequencies vary according to the intensity of the brain power required. It is your analytical, logical, thinking left brain. It accesses and interprets the world through its five senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.
2. The subconscious state of mind: This is your inner world, emotional subjective dimension. Human software is stored here. It enjoys ESP (Extra Sensory Perception), a power to feel and foresee what you cannot see through your open eyes. It operates through Alpha frequencies ranging from 7 to 14. The most ideal frequency is 10. Alpha is relaxed, meditative, hypnotic, drowsy, sleepy (but not asleep) state of mind. It is a rapid learning state. Children learn faster because they remain in Alpha frequencies naturally. At about 18 years of age human brain transits to Beta frequencies and it operates through these frequencies only. An adult’s brain can come down to Alpha frequencies only through meditation and relaxation techniques. As you can access your subconscious mind at Alpha frequencies only you will have to come down to these frequencies if you want to re-program your brain. For making your studies and learning effective and to sharpen your memory power you need to master the technique of coming in Alpha state at will. While studying seriously you need to remain at these frequencies. Only then you can understand, learn and memorize better.
3. The asleep state of mind: At this state, human mind is at Delta frequencies ranging from 4 to 7. Frequencies are low because we hardly require any brain power while sleeping.
4. The Unconscious state of mind: The brain power requirement at this state is negligible. Therefore brain wave frequencies range from 0 to 4 when a person is in unconscious state.
Important Points to Remember about Brain Wave Frequencies
· Frequencies change with activities involved – working or relaxing. Frequencies change with the level of complexity of activities.
· Frequency changes depend also on states of mind.
· Spiritually advanced yogis can maintain dhyanas (concentration) with conscious awareness and control at the Delta & Theta levels of mind.
· Young children naturally function at Delta and Theta brain wave frequencies. Repetitive messages either negative or positive get programmed in their brain firmly. It means that you might have been wrongly programmed for some habits, attitudes, behavior and thinking in early childhood from parents or anyone in environment. You need to identify them and replace them with good programming.
· Alpha is a rapid learning stage as Alpha frequencies power up mind for higher receptivity.
· Adults learn at Beta while children up to teen age study at Alpha. If an adult wants to be better learner he needs to come in alpha frequencies deliberately. In fact, the brain transits to the higher Beta brain wave frequencies at around eighteen years. Then an individual loses the ability to use the lower, more powerful Alpha waves without falling off to sleep or relax meditative state.
· Adults can reach Alpha frequencies only through practicing meditation or proper brain training.
· The art to use Alpha and Beta states at will is a power to make you genius and all successful.
· All age groups can create major life changes by mastering the art of changing brain frequencies.
· Successes justify the time spent on practicing frequency control and development of mind power.
How to Change Your Negative Programmes?
· Just the way you developed negative programmes you can create new positive ones.
· Must realize that only you are the programmer of your life.
· The conscious mind commands and the subconscious obey.
· The subconscious stores your habitual thinking and develops reflex actions creating your life’s circumstances.
· The subconscious mind is susceptible to suggestions & gets programmed through repetitive messages.
· Belief in a positive outcome is critical to success.
· Once the subconscious accepts the new constructive thoughts, it begins to execute them.
· But subconscious can be reprogrammed with consent of the logical conscious mind only.
· Only by going in Alpha state you can get consent of conscious mind and reprogramme the subconscious one.
· Positive affirmations and visualizations practiced frequently bring major successes in life.
· Transform your life through whole brain thinking (use of both left & right brains).
· Whole Brain Thinking: It’s use of your both rational conscious mind and emotional subconscious mind.
Results of whole brain thinking:
· It reduces stress, makes you calmer, more centered and more peaceful.
· It keeps you in a happier frame of mind.
· It improves your health.
· It breaks your negative thoughts, attitudes and behavior pattern.
· It releases negative emotions of fear, anger, anxiety, hatred and jealousy in you.
· It improves your concentration.
· It helps you to learn and study faster and better.
· It allows you to feel more confident.
· It helps you to develop more loving attitudes with self and others.
· It helps you get higher success, peace and happiness in life.
· I hope an understanding of the brain wave frequencies will motivate you to know more about your brain and to learn how to be director of your own mind. I shall take up some of the other related concepts in coming editions so as to help you power up your mind and March ahead confidently towards your goal.